Thursday, October 16, 2008

Revisiting the Past With Today's Perceptions

We all have got got past experiences we would rather bury and have derived many ways of doing so. Some seek psychiatrical help. Others "blank" such as experience out. Still others "reshape the original" world into something more palatable and less painful. The most common attack we have got been taught is to "learn" from the experience, allow it travel and move on. I believe I have got tried them all. Much of my childhood and calendar months of my Viet Nam armed combat experience is blank. Both contained very painful experiences I strived to forget. A few old age ago, I decided to seek something different.

The human head is "wired" to bury pain. A few old age ago, I had a very serious bike accident and nearly died. I can remember the incident in minute item . . . except for the pain. Sure, I am aware there was intense hurting but that realisation is not nearly as clear as the other details, which are still as clear as crystal.

The fact is that every experience, good or bad, incorporates lessons. For example, from my bike accident, I certainly learned the benefit of wearing a helmet! The inquiry is, why would we desire to revisit them? Ah! This is one of the keys I have got discovered through Transformational Thinking to expanding awareness, and this is what I desire to share with you in this article.

Usually, when we revisit (remember) an experience, we be given to make so with our perceptual experience of that time, like an old tape replaying. A few old age ago, I began to inquire what it would it would be like if I revisited past experiences, good or bad, with today's perceptual experience and began to make so with unbelievable results. In fact, I am beginning to understand that this is the cardinal to the door leading from cognition and experience to wisdom.

We are able to "see" inside information that were always there but that we were simply not able to concentrate upon at the clip because of our head focusing only on those factors centered upon endurance or pleasure. In other words, we are able to spread out our consciousness of the event when we look at it with our current perception.

The first thing to see is that, no substance how painful the experience was, it is over. We are imperviable to additional pain! That takes attention of the fearfulness factor, often a hard barrier to acquire through. Once past that, we can now look around and "notice" all the other things that were happening at the clip and such as an experience have always been rewarding for me ever since I began applying this technique. It is, I suppose, very similar to what some depict as an out-of organic structure or near-death experience. Through emotional non-attachment, we can happen much to larn from the original experience we may have got missed on the first clip through.

Many claim that we should concentrate on the hereafter rather than the past. I differ for a good reason. In order to make a better future, we must understand the present and, in order to make that, we necessitate to cognize how we got here from there. We necessitate to develop our heads to clearly concentrate on all three: the past, present and future, in order to go more than adaptable and successful. It is only through this enlargement of consciousness that we can grow.

Let me set it into perspective. I lived much of my life with choler and that limited my ability to spread out my perception. Every clip I revisited an "bad" experience of the past, I did so with that anger. Later on in life, I was able to take that component of choler but it was a piece before I decided to revisit those events or experiences. When I did, I had a totally different outlook! I was also able to larn so much more than that I had missed during the original happening.

Although this may be a hard conception for some, see the following: As I revisit an old experience with new perception, I change the original event because I change the existent experience (or at least my perceptual experience of it). Now, I continue to the adjacent event with that changed perceptual experience and the consequence is equally or more than so different. We are talking about expanding one's life experience here and nil less. Think about what that means!

That is precisely what Iodine have got done and, the more than I make it, the greater the parametric quantities of my perceptual experience expands. Every revisit is more than expanding. It is a coiling rhythm achieved with nil more than the mind. It is something we are all capable of doing.

If you really desire to better your life, this is a great starting point. Can we really change the past? No, but we can change or spread out our perceptual experience of it. You have got that powerfulness right now. Start right now. Pick an experience and live over it, not with the purpose of re-experiencing what you did then, but with what you cognize now. Look at it with the intent of discovering all the acquisition points you put have got missed the first clip through. Bash so without fearfulness or anger, but with love and a desire to larn more. You will be amazed at the results.

The past, present and future are all interconnected. They are not the additive journeying we have got all been taught to accept. Learning is not a one-time event. Not if you larn ow to revisit the way with your current perceptual experience to make a better hereafter and recognize that volition be a different experience every clip you do. It will change you current perceptual experience and the rhythm simply goes on to spread out into true consciousness and wisdom.

No comments: